Friday, May 7, 2010

ANTM Final Four Thoughts

Next week is the America's Next Top Model finale...two hours, and they are immediately cutting to the final two in the first hour. Which I love. Last cycle they did a similar thing, but spread across two weeks. And it makes the final two more fun because you get to see more, rather than feeling rushed through a final three like in previous cycles. Here's my run down on the final four.

Angelea: I know you hate her Stacie, but she really is my favorite. Yes, she can have an inflated ego at times, but its not at the epic proportions of Jade of Cycle 6. I think that rather she come from a rough place in life and that is her defense. To her credit, she is one of the most real models left...and one of the girls that has shown any kind of vulnerability and story. With Angelea, I feel like I want her to win because there is something there beyond photos...the other girls are just photos, no other story. Most of the other girls are trying so hard to fit the "Covergirl image" that they aren't being themselves, whereas Angelea is just herself, and that is far more attractive. I like Angelea because she is racially ambiguous, which is something we haven't really seen from Top Model yet. Plus, I think her and Krista are the only two legitimately bookable models left.
Raina: Oh Raina. If you say "Oh my 'lanta" one more time I am going to spontaneously combust. Fake, fake, fake. It kills me. Yes, she has had a handful of good shots in the competition so far, but as Tyra and Jay pointed out this week, they have resulted from her liking her outfit or the concept, more than her actually modeling abilities. She was in the bottom two this past week, so hopefully Tyra sees this trend again and she gets sent home. Plus, I still stand my bartending senorita, Iilee, who knew Raina personally during high school...I can see Raina is an annoying biotch, even if they aren't editing the show to see all of it. You catch a snippet here and there, or they will comment on it briefly, like this week when she was being ridiculous on the balcony with Krista and Alexandra...I don't think I could get along with her in real life. Thus, I'd hate for the rest of the fashion world to have to put up with her either.
Krista: Okay, here's the deal. I think Krista has had some amazing photos the last few weeks. And I think she is going to make it to the final two because of that. But Krista is annoying as hell. And fake. And I don't like her. I guess I will live if she does win, because she is a good model. But she doesn't seem very unique. Just blah and bitchy. You see, Angelea is allowed a certain amount of bitchiness because you see a soft, vulnerable side to her. But Krista's performance so far is just edge with no substance. No vulnerability. And that is boring.
Alexandra: I forget she is still around to be honest. I loved her photo this week, and I think she should have been called first. But to be honest, there is no story with her. And whereas Whitney of Cycle 10 was a plus-size gal with a memorable personality, Alexandra is just blah. I appreciate that she hasn't been a Whiner McWhinerson about being plus-size, which reminds me of Whitney and I find that sort of self-confidence a strength. But really? I need more personality than that. I doubt she will win. In fact, I'd be surprised if she made the final two. I don't hate her, I'm just surprised she's still around.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha Raina is my favorite out of the last 4. I don't love her but shes my favorite out of these. I do see a little bit of the rudeness, like when she complained about Alasia in the confession box and then said "Oh Hey girlie!" when she walked out (granted I think I would have a hard time not acting rude towards Alasia). I also think Raina has become much more tolerable since Brenda left. Least favorite is Krista. I totally agree with your opinion of her. Angelea...I don't really like her. Yes she came from a rough background but that is not an excuse to be rude and awful. Plenty of people have come from rough backgrounds and aren't total roughian mean people. Alexandra, you are completely right she is not memorable and I can't believe she is in the final 4...all I remember from her this season is her complaining that its hard for her to not be winning everything cuz shes not a competitive person.

Honestly whoever wins I think this is probably my least favorite cycle ever. So boring, so catty, and all my favorites were eliminated early.

Carolyn said...

I was SO sad that Jessica got sent home. I almost cried....I wanted her to be in the finals.