
One of my projects of this week was to identify all of the various wildflowers springing up all over the place here in Marshfield lately. Since we live surrounded by marshy swamps and forests, it wasn't too hard to find a variety of wildflowers, but it was hard to figure out which was which. I am no expert when it comes to this thing, but since a project when I lived in Texas as a kid where we were required to document and identify the local wildflowers, I felt like it would be a fun summer project. Here are some shots of my favorites, along with the names of what I assume they are. (Top: Goldenrod)

Field Thistle...I realize this would generally be considered a weed, but once the purple flower emerges, I am totally in love with it. Plus, the wild, thorniness makes me believe we live on the edge of a wild, rough land.

Blazing Stars...This is one of the wildflowers I struggled to identify. It looks similar to another purple flower in our yard...but whatever it is, I think it is crazy pretty.

Toadflax...This one has spread out all through the edge of the irrigation ditches.
1 comment:
Looks like you had a good day in the Marsh.
Post a Comment