Anyways, it was obscenely pretty. Today we didn't break 70 degrees and there was a really nice wind that made it easier to go for a walk in the marsh without getting devoured by mosquitoes. Although you probably can't tell from the pictures below, but the tops of the trees have started to get a bit of twinge of gold and red, telling me we are about a month away from when the trees will be at their prime fall color. It was a lovely late summer nature hike.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
McMillan Marsh Nature Hike
Today I headed out to McMillan Marsh. For those of ya'll unfamiliar with Marshfield, McMillan Marsh is a pretty extensive wildlife reserve that is literally across the street from our house. There a bunch of trails through it, one of which crosses through the haunted woods by near our house. I fully expect when "they" come to burn the house down, I will have to escape through the marsh, using my knowledge of the various trails to get to safety.
Anyways, it was obscenely pretty. Today we didn't break 70 degrees and there was a really nice wind that made it easier to go for a walk in the marsh without getting devoured by mosquitoes. Although you probably can't tell from the pictures below, but the tops of the trees have started to get a bit of twinge of gold and red, telling me we are about a month away from when the trees will be at their prime fall color. It was a lovely late summer nature hike.




Overall, it was a pretty relaxing way to spend my Wednesday. I saw some pretty cranes flying overhead. And then I was ambushed by a pack of wild turkeys, which make the most insane noise in the world. Plus, I found a dead muskrat on the trail, which I decided is one of the ugliest animals on Earth, second only to the possum. I got to sit and listen to music while at my favorite spot, mid-way through the marsh (the top picture). I think on my fall to do list I need to actually schedule a weekly walk through the marsh, because this afternoon was one of the most calming ones I've had in a while.
Anyways, it was obscenely pretty. Today we didn't break 70 degrees and there was a really nice wind that made it easier to go for a walk in the marsh without getting devoured by mosquitoes. Although you probably can't tell from the pictures below, but the tops of the trees have started to get a bit of twinge of gold and red, telling me we are about a month away from when the trees will be at their prime fall color. It was a lovely late summer nature hike.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment