Sunday, December 12, 2010

Blizzard 2010

The snow in the last 24 hours has been quite honestly obscene. I have never seen so much snow here in Wisconsin. Add to that some crazy-ass wind, and we are officially in a blizzard. Most of the town is shut down, church is cancelled for tomorrow, and you can't even see what is a road if you wanted to go someplace.

Its nuts. And I kind of fun at the same time. Although the snow is supposed to stop in the next few hours, the wind is going to stay pretty wild for a while after. The temperature is supposed to dive from the mid to low twenties right now into the sub-zero zone for the rest of the week. So Stacie, Kevin, Jeff, and Julie...I don't think ya'll will have to worry about a white Christmas...I suspect the snow will still be here in a week and a half when ya'll get here.

As a side note: These pictures were taken at about 2 pm...it's even worse now. Snow drifts are three to four feet high now. The snow literally covers the back porch and front door. Trees I planted in the summer are literally buried beneath the snow.

No comments: