Monday, January 17, 2011

Hope is Kindled

My friends...I know that this may seem obvious, but remember - I live in Wisconsin.... Winter may someday end. I know, I know... Crazy idea right? Every winter, especially here in Wisconsin, there is a point where I almost forget what it was like to be warm. To sit in the grass. To have leaves on the trees. To not have chickens dying from the frigid arctic winds. (True story - one chicken died last week.) But there is also a point in every winter where hope stirs in my frost-bitten soul, and I realize spring will be here eventually. True, it will be another month/ month and a half until our highs move back above freezing. However, my friends...I bought my first flower seed packets today. We start the plants for our gardens in a few weeks indoors...and I am starting to plot my flower pots and I purchased a bunch of seeds today... Petunias, Violas, Shasta Daisies, Impatiens, Geraniums, and Pansies...

Goodness, it makes me excited to be warm again, to frolick through the fields, and all that other spring time goodness...

2 comments:

Stacie Lou said...

You sound like Frodo on the side of Mount Doom.

Grant Kellie said...

I was also thinking of that part of Return of the King where Eowyn is talking to Foromir about how it feels like all the warmth went out of the world.