Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I Am a Smart Ass

Being told by siblings that they think I am a smart ass, and that they would prefer that I would move away so they didn't have to deal with me is my favorite. It makes me feel great about myself. It's nice to know that you can always count on your family to smash your head into the concrete after you feel like you do so much for them.

It definitely makes you question why you are working so hard on certain aspects of your life...and how you should probably just make things a bit more convenient for your family.

I suck at my job. I have screwed up every relationship I have ever been. I feel like I make Lindsay Lohan look put-together. And I apparently am a smart ass to my family and they would be better off without me living near them.

I shouldn't be so upset about this. But for the last few nights, some sleep issues resurfaced that had been somewhat dormant for a couple of weeks. And it makes everything else in life so much worse.

So yes, I am a smart ass...and I am sorry.

3 comments:

Stacie Lou said...

Holy cow. Don't listen to that crap. The person I am sure you are speaking of is probably just frustrated by stupid things like being caught for doing something she knows she shouldn't do or being told that she needs to get off their selfish butt and update her facebook status with sad little statements about her most recent break up.

Don't let her selfishness affect you. They are very lucky to have you near them. Don't forget the way she treated Grandma just because Grandma told her the truth. She has no respect for anyone, even herself.

And if she really doesn't want you there, then know that we always want you by us. We always miss you and we always wish we had you closer. You are the best, Grant. The very best.

Chandra said...

I am a total smartass....and when someone points it out I take it as a compliment. Come back out West Grant....we miss you.

Carolyn said...

You are a smart ass. So am I. I am my mothers daughter though, so it's not my fault... haha. I agree with my mom. Come back! We miss you, too!!!!