Friday, April 29, 2011

Friends, I am Excited...

Why? Because summer is upon us! Can you believe that Sunday is May?! And it is somewhere right around mid-May where I consider summer to have started. Here's all the things I am excited for this summer:

- Chill in my hammock
- Pick strawberries
- Continue my tradition of reading Gone With the Wind every summer
- Play in the marsh
- Have the best garden ever
- BBQ a lot
- Star gaze all night long
- Delight in the pursuit of the "Song of the Summer"
- Road trip...I am bound to have one or two to Neenah, but I want one not work related
- Enjoy summer salads. I love picking fresh lettuce from the garden and then making fresh salads on Sunday afternoons with grilled chicken, fresh berries, almonds, and poppy seed dressing
- Blackberry everything...I want to try out a new Blackberry BBQ sauce
- Watermelon on the back porch
- Leaving my window open in the early morning and listening to the sounds of the marsh...the frogs, the crickets, the geese, the wild turkeys humping eachother
- Dairy Days and Hub City Days ... Two Marshfield summer festivals
- Farmer Markets Every Saturday morning at Festival Foods
- Sunflowers, coneflowers, hollyhocks, and gladiolas in the backyard
- Kayak at Big Eau Pleine Park
- Frolicking through the grass bare foot
- Summer storms that make the world seem like it its ending

So be excited ya'll! Summer is almost here!

Photos from Summer 2010

1 comment:

Stacie Lou said...

Every point on that list sounds awesome. Summer is the best time of year. Let us know how that blackberry BBQ sauce turns out.