When I think of Tolkien, I'd like to think I was something like Frodo or Gandalf. I would even settle for a bit of Merry or Pippin. Being a Tolkien weirdo, I sometimes see myself and think, "Grant, you have some hobbit in you" or "You may be part hobbit, but you have some Numenorian in ya".I guess I am hopeful that I have strength in me that is beyond what I see at the surface level.
But more and more as of late, I am relating too well to Turin Turambar....especially the irony of Quenya.
1 comment:
I have no idea who that is, but I do have to admit that I tear up at the end of Return of the King when Aragorn says, "My friends, you bow to no one."
It always makes me want to blubber out, "There little and no one trust them...*sniff sniff*...but they did great things and ....*sniff*...little people are important too!"
Post a Comment