Last night I watched The King's Speech. And I am not going to lie to you. A good portion of the reason I decided to add it to my Netflix queue is because Colin Firth is in it...and he is delicious. (Hello, Mr. Darcy). Plus, it also features one of the few women I would allow to seduce me, Helena Bonham Carter. Albeit, she would have to pretend to be Bellatrix Lestrange.Surprisingly, I found myself attracted to zero cast members.
But I adored the movie. I can't express how much my soul is delighted when a movie speaks to me. It is all about King George VI overcoming a stutter, right at the beginning of World War II, a time when England needed a voice of strength.
The acting is phenomenal. And I haven't seen Geoffrey Rush in anything besides Pirates of the Caribbean, so I was exceedingly impressed. Anyways, it left me pondering all the things I don't let myself overcome out of fear. Sometimes we hold onto weaknesses because they are out comfort zone when we have the potential to be so much more than we are.
3 comments:
I loved this movie. I feel like Colin Firth seriously earned that Oscar.
Yes, yes, and yes to everything you said (well subtract the HBC part for me...).
I LOVED The King's Speech!
I'm so glad you loved it! I mean, when has Colin Firth erotica ever been bad?
Post a Comment