Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Mythical Celebrity Neighborhood

I don't know about ya'll, but when I think about celebrities, the top tier of celebrities are ones that are among those I have living on my mythical street. It's a figurative neighborhood in my mind where I live next to all of my favorite peeps. We all get along and giggle and I can go ask them for advice or I can have picnics with them.

Here is who lives there:
Rupaul: See I have a theory about a "Great Drag Queen In The Sky" and Rupaul is something like that. I love Rupaul's Drag Race partially because Rupaul is such a free spirit and yet so supportive of people and encourages everyone to be a first rate version of themselves. And I would want Rupaul there regardless if she was in drag or not. I just love her. And when I needed it she would sing "Superstar" to me.
Duff from Ace of Cakes: Okay...confession. I have a weird crush on Duff. Which is surprising because he is a bit Uncle Fester looking. But it doesn't seem to matter to me. Duff would live down the street and would be the one causing racket and blowing things up, but then would invite you over for a BBQ and make you magical food.

Paula Deen: Paula just seems so happy, like she would be out gardening as you walked your dog and would stop and gab for an hour about everything. It would be lovely. The only downside is that I would undoubtedly weigh 400+ pounds because I wouldn't be able to stop myself from eating everything she offered me.
Eric Bana: Just for the sheer fact that he would be the hot neighbor that would go for jogs shirtless.
Bill and Sookie: Preferably as their True Blood characters, but I would take their human counterparts as well. Sookie would be my best gal pal and we would work at Merlotte's together.
The Obamas: I want to have heart-to-heart's with Michelle and garden with her. And I want Barack when I need really good, sensible advice and encouragement.
Oprah: Simply because it is Oprah. And whenever I visited she would announce to Stedman as I walked in the door "It's GRANT HAWS!" She would probably live way up the block in the nicest house on the street....but she would chat with you all the time about her favorite things.
Ellen and Portia: On the street where I would live amongst celebrities, Ellen and Portia would be my neixt door neighbors. I love them so much. They would come over and wouldn't even knock. And we would jump on trampolines and chat while sitting in the hammock.
Liz Lemon and Jenna Marone: Like Bill and Sookie, I would take their non-character counterparts...but I love the characters so much that I would prefer them. I would be nervous about Jenna living on the street because she would be luckier than me and get to sleep with Eric Bana...but if anyone was gonna, I would be okay with her.
Tyra: Let's be honest, Tyra would think the neighborhood was all about her...even if it was about me. But I would love her for it. And we would have photo shoots in the backyard and I would help her pick out weaves.

Who would live on your fictional street of celebrities?

3 comments:

dayofmine said...

Thats a funny thought. I havent ever thought about who I would have on my celebrity street. Since work is slow I am going to have to make a list of that! haha.

Think of RuPaul coming over to borrow some sugar. hahah

Elisa said...

I've been thinking about this for days. It's possible that all I want is to be Ina Garten's next door neighbor/BFF in the Hamptons. Because then I'd be rich (I mean, the HAMPTONS), and I'd get invited to awkward dinner parties where I would maybe meet Alec Baldwin and Gwenyth.

Stacie said...

Ina Garten, ha. That reminds me of Liz.

The only problem with Liz is that she would be the uptight neighbor who calls the city on you because your garden turned into a weed nest. However, I love all the other people on your street.

This is also a good list of people that I would want to be best friends with. Tyra, why haven't you called me yet?