Sunday, June 26, 2011

Favorite Things - June Edition

- The violas I have potted on the front porch. I usually don't like dainty flowers, I prefer to plant hardy perennials....but both the pots of violas that I started from seed earlier in spring have me captivated right now. I have a good handful of sunflowers that will be blooming at the end of July...so I am sure that will be amongst next months "Favorite Things". But for now the violas are making me very happy.

- Life After People on the History Channel: A totally awesome show if you are into looking at the world around you and marveling at the fleeting nature of it all. Seriously, I feel like a wise old elf after watching a few episodes. If you like that, you should also read The World Without Us - a great book I read Summer 2009.

-Alexander Skarsgard: Man Crush Primeiro Uno right now. True Blood Season 4 starts tomorrow and I feel like a giddy school girl at the thought of having him back in my life. True statement: He is allowed to ravish me anytime, anywhere. The vampire bar Fangtasia, Sookie's house, grocery store checkouts...I don't care.

- This song by Barbra Streisand..."A Great Day" from Funny Lady which I can not anywhere to download.


- Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme: Okay, I discovered this stuff a long time ago, but with all the cleaning I do during the summer, my hands take a beating and this stuff works wonders. Smells good and returns my hands to almost-lady-like perfection.

- Herbal Teas: They make me feel like an old granny but I love them. I have a peach kind right now that is awesome.

- The Civil Wars: The group...not the actual war. They are getting a lot of buzz for their song "Barton Hollow", but I am partial to "Poison & Wine" and "Dance Me to the End of Love". Something about summer has me lending my ear to folksy music.

1 comment:

Miss Nesbit said...

I love The Civil Wars!

Also, you can take audio for youtube if you want that Funny Girl song: http://zamzar.com/