I am about half way through my epic reading of Gone With the Wind. And I must say my favorite part of the book is where I am at right now. Scarlett O'Hara has just escaped Sherman's invasion of Atlanta and gets home to Tara to find her mother dead and the plantation in shambles. It's from this point of the story until the time that she marries Rhett Butler that I really love. All I keep thinking through it is "Scarlett O'Hara, I want to be one bad bitch, just like you." Scarlett is totally one fierce senorita. Which is funny to have so much respect for her because she's no saint, but she's real and she's getting the f*cking job done. Nobody's taking away Tara on her watch. I don't think you really comprehend the magnitude of that by watching the movie, it is only lightly glazed over in the film. Scarlett really goes through hell to keep Tara safe...even at one point standing down the Union army that tries to burn Tara down. Oh, I love her.
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Scarlett O'Hara: The Bitch I Love
I am about half way through my epic reading of Gone With the Wind. And I must say my favorite part of the book is where I am at right now. Scarlett O'Hara has just escaped Sherman's invasion of Atlanta and gets home to Tara to find her mother dead and the plantation in shambles. It's from this point of the story until the time that she marries Rhett Butler that I really love. All I keep thinking through it is "Scarlett O'Hara, I want to be one bad bitch, just like you." Scarlett is totally one fierce senorita. Which is funny to have so much respect for her because she's no saint, but she's real and she's getting the f*cking job done. Nobody's taking away Tara on her watch. I don't think you really comprehend the magnitude of that by watching the movie, it is only lightly glazed over in the film. Scarlett really goes through hell to keep Tara safe...even at one point standing down the Union army that tries to burn Tara down. Oh, I love her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment