Why will this project by awesome? Well, consider the following:
- It is going to be rocking the 80s and early 90s magic. We are talking about back when Disney still made worthwhile movies and wasn't producing utter crap like they are now.
- It will be all tender to reconnect with wee child Grant that thought these movies were the best thing in the world back then.
- My major complaint right now with my Netflix project is that 80% of the movies are an hour too long. And since most of the movies I am considering for the new project are only an hour and a half, it isn't like right now when I am committing to watch a whole evening of Nick Nolte and Barbra Streisand arguing (I am struggling to get through The Prince of Tides right now... crickets chirping). Get in, watch the movie, get out.
- I decide the list. My current Netflix project has me roped into watching some nonsense movies I would never watch, except for that they are starring one of those senoritas. (Like Chastity, it was the 1967 equivalent of Gigli.)
- Current list compiling in my head: The Secret of Nimh, The Little Mermaid, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Hunchback of Notre Dame, that funky The Hobbit with the cheesy music....
This is going to be amazing.
3 comments:
I still have nightmares of the gollum from that funky Hobbit movie. And Secret of the Nimh was scary too! But I do love The Little Mermaid. I hope that when you watch it, you imagine me dancing down the aisles of the movie theatre.
♪ The greatest adventure is what lies ahead. ♫
Sounds awesome! My brother is currently doing the same thing this summer only he decided to "relive his childhood" by watching them on old school VHS. Yeah... he's crazy. Did you ever watch Neverending Story? That'd be on my list...
Post a Comment