Monday, July 4, 2011

The Death of a Beard

Friends, it is over. The era of Grant's beard has come to an end. Since April 2010 I have rocked some sort of facial hair, usually a beard but sometimes trimming down to just a goatee. But due to some work changes, I am now clean shaven. It is so humiliating.

In all honestly, it will be nice because:
1) It is summer and way hot with a bunch of hair on my face.

2) I get told I look like Frodo more often when I am clean-shaven.

3) Old ladies aren't afraid I am going to rape them. (30 Rock reference)

The drawbacks are the following though:
1) I am back to looking way young. The beard made me look close to my age, now I look like a wee youngling again.

2) Going from half my face being covered with hair, to now having it all uncovered, I feel like I have a fat, morbidly obese face.

3) I feel like such a conformist. Albeit, most guys in Wisconsin have some facial hair...but I felt like a free-spirited hippie.

Friday I am planning to dye my hair black, so I will update ya'll on that and if I stop looking so ghastly at that point.

2 comments:

Sean said...

Clean is just as sexy for you.

Stacie Lou said...

Aww. I'm sorry that Hudson's took your beard away from you. But you still have Bellatrix.