Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter Review

So Harry Potter...

Here are my thoughts:

- Seeing it in 3D did nothing for me. I will remain a hold-out in the phenomenon which is every movie being released in 3D.

- The Gringotts bit was good. I wasn't sure how that would turn out.

- The movie in general should have been a half hour longer. It was only two hours, and considering this is the final movie, they could have developed some of the story lines better. Such as Albaforth and the controversy around Dumbledore and his sister and all that jazz.

- Neville somehow turned out to be kind of hot-nerdy. He's no Daniel Craig, but he is grew up to be reasonably attractive. They did pretty good with his whole storyline though.

- Harry and Ron took their shirts off at one point, which means my sister Julie will deam it too pornographic to see.

- The final dual between Molly Weasley and Bellatrix Lestrange could have lasted a bit longer. It was just all of the sudden happening and I didn't get a chance to enjoy it.

- Snape's storyline is pretty decently taken care of. In the pensieve scene you get a lot of the storyline about Snape loving Lily and that's why he protects Harry.

- The sort-of-dead Harry/Dumbledore sequence was okay...except for the creepy dying Voldemort fetus. You'll know what I mean when you see it.

- The final scene of the "19 years flash forward" is cheesy in a way but I think it was okay. I like that the final shot is of the Hogwarts Express.

- Oh and SPOILER: Harry and Bellatrix have a sex scene. She asks him a lot of question about his Elder wand.

1 comment:

Miss Nesbit said...

I agree, I wanted the duel between Bellatrix and Molly to be way longer! I also agree that I wanted to know a little more about the whole drama with the Dumbledores.

Have you seen premiere pictures of Neville? He's hot (at least comparatively speaking)!