Sunday, July 31, 2011

Three Weeks or Less

Friends, we are now in the realm of summer where I actually enjoy it. Why? Because we are almost done with it. I live for fall, and here in Marshfield, the first hints of autumn and leaves changing colors is near the end of August. Last year it was August 25th that I first saw leaves changing color. It has me so excited.

The thing with seasons is that you can get in the habit of wishing it was a different one. For instance, I am notorious winter-hater come January. And right now I would kill for a blustery snow day.

But I don't get that way with autumn. I would love a land of perpetual autumn. And even though I love summer, I love it more when there is the fleeting sense that it could be gone at any minute. Which is what is coming up real quick here in Wisconsin.

1 comment:

Stacie Lou said...

Autumn is the absolute best month. I was just thinking the other day of how excited I am for the crisp cool feeling the air takes on in the fall. I love it. Its a shame New Mexico doesn't get such a beautiful autumn as Wisconsin gets.