Friends, we are in a battle! It is a battle for the month of November. We must take it back!Every November 1st I am disgusted afresh at the way November gets shafted. The day Halloween decorations come down, Christmas decorations go up. I keep thinking that I will get used to it happening year after year, but I think as time goes on I become more frustrated by it.
I adore November. I love it more than Christmas. November is just a magical month. We have Guy Fawkes Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, and the excitement of the first snow fall (which we have been barely dodging thus far in Wisconsin.) It's the peak of hunting season in Wisconsin and it feels like a war zone, which I have come to love to hate in a very special way. Every Sunday we have Packers games (which I think may be either a hockey or ping-pong team) and we have to dress up for it every Sunday at work. November has a lot going on and I just don't feel emotionally ready to deal with Christmas time. I tried to listen to a Christmas song this morning and just couldn't feel the yuletide joy springing up within me.
Christmas isn't until the end of December, so let's enjoy the magic of November.
3 comments:
hahaha, the Packers are definitely a Ping-Pong team
Kevin and I went to grab an extra bag at 6pm on Halloween and most of the aisle was already filled with Christmas candy. The only good thing out of this is that I get my seasonal peppermint ice cream for a full four months (November-February).
HERE HERE! I wholeheartedly agree with you.
Post a Comment