Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My Top 5 Christmas Songs

1. "Grown Up Christmas List": This is by far one of my favorite Christmas songs. I like it particularly when good ole Barb sings it, but I love it really regardless of the singer. I remember the first time I heard it I was driving around during Christmas season 2003, heard it on the radio, and pulled over and cried like a baby.
 

2. "Happy Xmas (War is Over)"... Oh dear John Lennon. What can I say?
 

 3. "Where Are You Christmas?" by Faith Hill from The Grinch. I also enjoy this song whenever I have lost objects. "Where are you remote? Why can't I find you? Why have you gone...away?"

 4. "It Feels Like Christmas": Hello, the Muppets. This song is pure magic I want to frolick through the snowy streets hugging strangers.
 

5. "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" by Judy Garland. This song I only enjoy when Judy Garland sings it. Everyone else can suck it. But I adore her rendition of it. Pure tenderness.

1 comment:

Miss Nesbit said...

Pretty much I love all these songs too! #4 is one of my all time favorites!