Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lent 2012

So today is Ash Wednesday and the official start of Lent. I have participated in Lent for last five or six years. I generally enjoy the Lent season. I have always thought that the practice of going without something is a good test of will and a path to insight. In the past I have given up anything from caffeine to fried foods to Itunes. And thus, I spent a lot of time over the last few days pondering what I should give up for Lent this year.

You know what I decided?

I ain't giving up a goddamn thing. Yep, this year I am giving up telling myself that I have some blemish or flaw that needs disposing of. This year...I am just fine. I am good enough. And Lent can suck it.

2 comments:

Stacie Lou said...

Oooo. I like this post. You tell Lent! You tell it!

Miss Nesbit said...

LOVE IT!