Sunday, March 18, 2012

I AM Mitchell

Do you know how many times I have been told I remind people of Mitchell on Modern Family? It happens almost every other day. It probably helps that we both are gay and have beards.

- I yell "force field" when people get too close. I am not a touchy-feely person with strangers and that episode with Cam's mother is basically a synopsis of my issues with personal boundaries. I enjoy cuddle time, but especially not with women...keep those boobies away!

- I am totally the practical one in relationships. I am all about getting things done. Thus, I am a Prichett for sure.

- I like to think that if someone broke into my house I would say something cool like "it's go time".... but I am not sure I would. But I would be totally down with a lover who would do so and race out the door with a baseball bat.

- If my lover was sick, I would totally sneak out to go see Lady Gaga. I'm sorry, but it is true. I would give you chicken soup, tuck you in bed, and then sneak out with the other Monsters.

- I really want to go to work in a Spandex Spiderman outfit. Which reminds me of the time I ran across my college campus in a Wolverine outfit, and it wasn't even Halloween.

- I was totally a jock in high school. And by that, I mean not at all. I am actually exceptionally good at figure skating, especially considering I have never had training.

- I roll my eyes so many times it isn't even funny. I try to hide it, but I am not sure I do a good job.

- If my mother decided to run away to a far away land with a lover (Canada) I would probably try and smooth it over with the rest of the family.

I AM Mitchell. Now where is my Cam?!

2 comments:

Stacie Lou said...

I totally agree! There have been so many episodes where I think of you based on something Mitchell does...or even wears. Unfortunately this further validates how much I am like Claire. Dang it.

We must find a Cam for you. Someday..somehow, we will find you your little Clown college graduate from the deep south.

Miss Nesbit said...

Wow you totally are Mitchell. I hope you find a Cam. Cause pretty sure they are my favorite part of the show.