Tuesday, March 13, 2012

This Time Next Week...

This time next week, I will be flying to New Mexico. You have no idea how excited I am. There is a literal ache within my soul for that moment the plane in Mosinee will lift up off the ground. I haven't been outside the Wausau area since last October when I was in Albuquerque. (In fact, I don't remember even going further than Stevens Point or Wausau which are only 40 minutes from my house.)

Here is why I am so freakin' excited:

- I shall see the Heather child, Henry. We are going to hang out and cuddle and have so much fun. I have been so worried about this dude, and it will be nice to hold him and know that all is well.

- I get to be rejoined with my fellow Trifecta of Awesomeness, Stacie and Kevin. Gosh, I miss these f*ckers. The days when we lived in the same household in Utah were truly golden. And even if it is only for a week or so, we shall recreate the awesomeness.


- I will not be working. I don't remember having this much time off work. Ever. Over a week folks. That is priceless. I know Stacie and Kevin are worried that I will get bored. But trust me, I would love to just chill. Go for walks. Read. Entertain a three week old infant.

- Mountains! I want to see mountains Gandalf! I can't explain the strength being around mountains gives me. The Flatlands of Wisconsin have been sucking the life of out of me.

- Green chiles. New Mexico loves them and so do I. Wisconsinites are such pussies about this stuff and I am excited to bask in a bit of spice. Around here, Marinara sauce is spicy, which is pathetic.

- My heart shall always lie in the West. I can't explain it, but I never feel 100% at ease east of the Mississippi. Wisconsin is far from being on the "East" but I always feel happier in the Wild Wild West. I always feel lost out here where the land is flat and so green.

- Next time I see Stacie and Kevin and Henry will be when the Beast cometh to Wisconsin. So I am planning on soaking up all the internal strength I can.

1 comment:

Stacie Lou said...

I'm so excited Uncle Ben! Uncle Ben, I'm so excited!