Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Whole Bunch of FYIs

- Previously I mentioned that I wasn't taking my medications. Well, I am at least half-way taking them now. I take half of one dosage of one prescirption, and then I kind of take another when I feel like it. The second is a doozy and knocks me clean out, which is a good and bad thing. I have a doctor's appointment on Monday and I plan on fessing up to him my lack of prescription-adherence and ways to remedy that. I have been struggling with my meds because A) I don't like the idea of taking anything, B) The nighttime ones give me insane heartburn, and C) I feel like they screw with my emotions and I become an emotionless zombie.

- Life is going pretty well. I am excited for summer, I am going on vacation in two months to Albuquerque. Work is manageable. Some home life issues have worked themselves out. Things are going good.

- I am worried about screwing things up. I have an amazing ability to screw up a good thing. Whenever things are going right I swoop in and find a way to stir up trouble in my own life. It is a fine-tuned talent. But I keep plugging along.

- I think I am at a point of my life where I don't want to even think about dating anymore. A friend was talking to me yesterday, asking about my dating life, and I must say, I am kind of over the idea of love. I just don't think it is going to happen to me. And I am okay with that. I know it seems like a sad resignation, but I think holding out for a magical soulmate has caused me much more despair than just deciding to go all Tim Gunn on it.

No comments: