Thursday, June 7, 2012

It Turns Out...

It turns out that if you don't sleep, you go nuts. Although events of this past week have been kept low profile, I thought I would write a quick post letting people know all is well. Last week I wasn't sleeping and by the time I got to Sunday, I was having a break down. I ended up in the hospital Monday because of it, and then on Tuesday night I finally crashed and slept. I was released last night and I am now on a sort of mental health parole. Basically, I have to keep taking my medications, go to my now-more-regular doctor appointments, and agree to keep my doctor know a play-by-play of my life, in particular, how much I am sleeping and symptoms I get when it has been too long of a bout of insomnia. Otherwise, I have to go back to the hospital. The mandated follow-up is probably a good thing for me, since it will force me to take care of myself.

So yeah, I doing well now, thanks to some very caring family and friends that knew something was up and got me into the doctor.

3 comments:

Chandra said...

This is great news grant! I am so glad you got some rest and I am glad you will have more frequent sessions. We sure love you.

Stacie Lou said...

Yeah, you are already sounding so much better. I am so glad that you are getting more rest and that you have someone to check on you. I have learned in the last three months how precious sleep is to those deprived of it.

Miss Nesbit said...

I'm so glad you're okay!