Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Why Independence Day is Awesome

1. Will Smith. Enough Said.

2. Explosions. As a human being with testicles, I enjoy explosions. Big ones. Fiery ones. And this movie delivers. It's like a thrusting blue beam of laser orgasm up in here. The part where the White House is incinerated by the Alien Beam of Wonder... Goodness, is it hot in here or is it just me?

3. Realistic expression of what an alien invasion would be like. Seriously, I appreciate the Alien Realness of it all. They would come to suck the planet dry before we could do it ourselves. And satellite television would be interrupted. It's so real.

4. I am glad that hippies welcoming extraterrestial life were represented. I feel like my people were acknowledged. That girl from Saved By the Bell: College Years is like my spirit animal. Pole dancer AND alien activist.

5. May I refer to the explosions?

6. I like to think that the movie is an ironic play on US imperialism in Latin America and Middle Eastern foreign policy.  .

2 comments:

Kevin Jackson said...

7. A Jewish nerd not only saves the world but also gets to smoke cigars with Will Smith!

Stacie Lou said...

I believe the appropriate term is 'nuff said, but I agree.