Oh good times, that quiet period in politics....
But one thing I am eternally amused by is the Reid-Romney debacle. First, let it be known that I have an incredible amount of respect for Harry Reid. The guy is an active member of the Mormon church, AND he's one of the leading Democrats in the country. That alone requires balls of steel. From the anecdotes of Harry's church experience, his religious cohorts have been less than kind to their fellow Mormon. And here he is getting in a battle with Romney, the guy that Mormons are nigh unto worshipping. All of it makes me feel for Mr. Reid.So let it be clear, I don't think it is the best idea in the world to say that an anonymous source told you a wild accusation about Mr. Romney. But at the end of the day, Romney is the one that needs to put up or shut up, not Reid. Until Romney shows those tax returns, we are all entitled to conjecture what is so frightful in them that they can't see the light of the day. A presidential candidate showing several years of tax returns is a reasonable demand that we should be pushing. So although I don't love that Reid is quoting anonymous sources...I must admire Reid's balls. Impressive indeed sir. Mitt the Twit and his Republican cronies are trying to peg the problem on Reid, but Reid has thus far stood his ground and turned the conversation to exactly what Romney doesn't want to talk about: that he, as a businessman, stands to gain more than the average American as a result of his fiscal policies. It is a big issue. And I applaud Reid on sticking to his guns. Romney seems decidedly unnerved by the whole thing, but I think it is mostly because he doesn't know how to Etch-a-Sketch his way out of the facts of his unbridled greed and power-grabbing.
2 comments:
I am so sad this post wasn't entitled "Harry Balls"
Kevin you are naughty
Post a Comment