Saturday, October 6, 2012

Arctic Tundra Cometh

It's only October 6th and snow has just fallen in Marshfield, Wisconsin. Not much and it didn't stick but it was exciting to see. Albeit, I wasn't expecting snow this early; I had thought the last week of October was likelier. But on the drive home from work this afternoon snow started flying and it reminded me that in a matter of weeks, my autumn wonderland will be turned into the Arctic Tundra of the North.

Snow in Wisconsin has a mixed place in my heart, I love just about everything about it. I love that morning you wake up and suddenly there are inches of snow on the ground. I love the way I get my best sleep when there are near-apocalyptic snow storms. I don't even mind shoveling it. What I do find annoying about snow is A) driving on the icy roads with huge ditches on each side of the road, and B) the constant threat of school being cancelled for snow days.

No comments: