Monday, October 22, 2012

I Voted Today



 I voted today. I voted for the dream I still believe in. And yes, I am better off than I was four years ago. Yes, I believe that all Americans should be represented by their president. I believe that the United States can still be a beacon of peace for the world, instead of an engine of war. I still believe in the United States is E pluribus unum... Out of many, one.

We have two choices this year. Barack Obama, or the guy that is devoted to the wealthiest Americans and would send our country back to the Bush era. Mitt Romney is not qualified to be our president. He does not represent the hope, the unity, the equality that the President of the United States is required to fulfill. He will say and do anything to become president, and I fundamentally do not respect the man.

On the other hand, we have Barack Obama. One may not love everything that he has done,; I am not in love with everything he has done. But I am still proud to call Barack Obama MY president. He has proven his commitment to the American people and the American dream. All the American citizens, not just the percentage of Americans he thinks he can get the vote of. As a gay American, I have seen this president show support for who I am in ways unprecedented. And since he had my back, I will have his.

Today I voted for four more years of President Barack Obama.


No comments: