
It really is a simple question: Why can't LDS women wear pants to church? We're not talking about coming to Church in jeans...there are plenty of classy, respectful pants outfits that would be in keeping with the idea of respecting the Sacrament meeting and the chapel. Yet, there is this idea in LDS culture that women MUST wear a dress to church each week.
Here's my opinion, and take it with a grain of salt because, hey, I smoke crack with Satan on Sundays rather than attending Church: Does it bother Church-goers because it seems a little too masculine? Like somehow they are not respecting the priesthood by way of wearing society-based masculine clothing? I get the worries about people coming to church dress informally...although it stirs up a whole inner controversy I have about the stupidity of neck ties. But isn't it between God and the church goer what they wear to church? It shouldn't be about how you feel seeing what they are wearing. That is petty, immature, and downright stupid.
So check out the Facebook group and ladies, wear pants this Sunday. And men: try not to feel like you are being emasculated by the strong, powerful, and downright righteous women in your presence.
1 comment:
Amen! I freaking love your blog Grant. But then again, I smoke crack with Satan on Sundays too. Actually, I go to a different church, wearing pants. Wait, I think that might be worse...
Post a Comment