- Grow my hair back out. I have been shaving it to the skin for about a year, and I feel it is time to go back to having hair and most importantly dyeing it! And the best part is that I am finally in a job that doesn't frown upon a bit of fun color. The trouble is waiting the month and a half or so until it is can be combed and styled. I am so used to the smooth and sleek look of having a bald head and so to have any hair makes me feel like I look messy.
- Survive the winter. I need spring so bad. Not even full-blown tulip spring...I will settle for a week where the highs are in the 30s. Winter hasn't historically been so bad for me, but for some reason this year I am feeling it. I think part of the problem is last year spring came weeks earlier than normal, so I am looking at all this snow out there and I have been spoiled into thinking it should be gone by now. One think that keeps me going is reminding myself that March 10 is Daylight Savings, which is only a month and a half away, and then it won't feel like the dead of night when I walk out of work at 5 pm. Yes, I think I just need more sunlight in my life.
- Survive until all the TV shows come back. So I know it makes me seem like a TV junkie when I use the phrase "my shows", but in my defense, I don't watch TV besides these shows. Modern Family, Rupaul's Drag Race, 30 Rock, The Walking Dead...I need them back. Silly as it seems, having a few regular shows creates some routine and order in the week. I think I am going to start watching Rachel Maddow everynight as well, because maybe she will be my consistent go-to for entertainment.
- Soak up the enjoyment of kids being in school. In my eagerness to have spring, I sometimes wish away the school year and then bam! The kids are out of school. So I am trying to remind myself that it is okay that is winter because the house is quiet all day.
- Plan my garden. On cold or snowy days in late winter I go to the local stores and buy seeds. In previous years, I have stockpiled countless types of seeds and haphazardly planted them everywhere. This year we're being a little more discerning. Yes, I want sunflowers, but I have had better luck with Italian Whites and Strawberry Blondes...so I'll probably just get those. Yes, I would love to have a huge variety of pumpkins...but Conneticut Field and Small Sugar varieties only ever work out, so maybe I won't bother with the rest. Basically, I'm in it to win it this year with the garden so no messing around with duds.
- Use my tax return wisely. So I finished my tax return the other day and now that I know the amount I'll be getting and approximately when it will be deposited in my account, I am trying to not allocate where it is going just yet. Because I really want to pay off some bills but I also need a new computer but I would also like to get a plane ticket to Albuquerque but maybe I will just not use it on anything and let it pad my bank account for a while. Who knows. But I am determined to make it count and not use it on nonsense.
No comments:
Post a Comment