Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Interesting Phenomena of My Life

- Snow days always land on my days off. All four of them, every year. It is the most maddening clockwork ever. Tomorrow school is cancelled (for 3-6 measly inches of snow). It was going to be a quiet day at home where I would get some cleaning done and all would be well...nope. Snow day.

- Isn't it maddening when you see family members have more conversation with random people than with yourself? It boggles my mind. 

- I had a lovely dream last night. Lovely. I almost always have some freaky dreams, or at least ones you would describe as "odd". (When I watched Silent Hill with friends I freaked them out when I said I liked it because it was a visual representation of my dreams.) But last night I had this lovely dream of laying in a field with a clear blue sky. Nothing else, just wind and grass and blue skies. I think I am more disturbed by it than by a weird dream. What does it mean?!

- I am somewhat pissed off at my therapist. Usually I let the lady lecture me and I rarely bring up stuff. Then last time I bring up some issues I have with paranoia/guilt complexes and she totally shuts me down. And I am the guy that never shares info, so you'd think when I finally put something out there, you'd respond. I am supposed to meet with her again this week and if the lady doesn't listen to me, I am calling it good on therapy and cancelling further appointments. Hooray for another person in my world that wants to list off my problems to me, but doesn't want to spend five minutes listening. 

- December 21st was the last time anyone commented on my blog. Commenting isn't required. I just find it funny when I look at who is reading it (which I can view online by the way). Yet not a word. It makes me think I need to post more provocative stuff. Seriously, I'm not upset... just amused by ideas of how to get a reaction out of blog readership. Like a picture of a bucket of fish heads, followed by a commentary of how it represents my life.

- I want Mikala Birma to be my new best friend. She never fails to make me giggle. 





4 comments:

Carolyn said...

I've had a blog post open for a long time because I've wanted to comment but then when I get ready for bed and pull out my phone I'm too sleepy. I'm changing that! I miss you, Grant!

I wish I had a snow day. The bus routes were changed because the roads were dangerous but still, we had normal school.


I never remember my dreams. Except the last couple nights. I had a dream a person I work with walked into my classroom screaming and cussing at the kids. I had to fight him into the time out room. I woke up thinking "man, that could really happen."

As I've been working at my job I've come to realize that you have to find a good fit with a therapist and sometimes it takes awhile to find that. Hopefully she will listen next time.

Stacie Lou said...

I was just thinking the other day that I hadn't commented in a while. I don't really know how to on my iPad and I always forget at work. If you can tell me how to do it on the iPad then your blog will have so many more comments and let's face it, I'm the most important person who comments...right?

Grant Kellie said...

No worries. But I am contemplating a bucket of fish heads post. It really would be riveting.

Diane said...

When I can't sleep, I take some Valerian Root capsules and then I have some very odd dreams. I'm sorry your snow day was a bust, and I hear what you're saying about family members talking to other people more than they talk with you because it happens to me all the time. And your pic of the fish heads...I was thinking 'Fish Head Soup'.