Thursday, April 11, 2013

It Snows Three Times On the Robin's Wings

I used to work with this old lady named Charley that could feel whether it was going to be a bad storm by the pain in her hip and she used to tell me every spring when the robins returned "It snows three times on the robin's wings." And so far she has been right. Like clockwork. So when today, April 11th, I woke up to snow coming down I was halfway disappointed that my day off would not include outdoor activities. But I was also a bit excited because today's storm is number three since the robins returned...so hopefully winter will finally be done. 
 Poor Molly. We try to get our cocker spaniel's hair cut frequently because she sheds like crazy. And today was the first haircut since November. We scheduled it, thinking it would finally be warm enough for the poor old girl. Not so! Molly does not seem amused by our timing.

 Luckily, before the snow flew overnight, our yard was 85% snow free, so hopefully this new snow will melt within the next day or two. And let's hope so because my inner hobbit is aching to walk barefoot in the grass.

No comments: