Friday, May 3, 2013

Can I Stop Worrying?

I have a horrible habit. I worry. I look into the future and I stress about what is approaching on the horizon. For instance, instead of focusing on today, I saw the schedule at work and I am literally stressing about a shift that is two weeks away. It's not even a bad shift...just one that I am not 100% comfortable with yet. But what I need to do is focus on my job today and doing that every day between now and then will allow me to do what I need to do.

Or for instance,  I am going to Albuquerque next week. I am so freaked out I won't sleep while I am there. I am slightly neurotic in my pre-sleep OCD rituals, so I am worried that without some of those I won't be able to sleep at a time when I am supposed to be stress-free. I get so worried about it that I don't sleep now. I am literally posting this at around midnight, worrying about sleep next week.

I don't know what to do about it. I just know that it needs to stop. My life cannot be dictated by the what-if. Things are going to be okay. I keep retelling myself that. It is all going to be okay.

No comments: