- Cheap flip-flops. I don't really believe in fancy flip-flops. Those $40 ones at department stores are doomed if I buy them. I tend to lose mine, or switch them accidentally with Caroyln, so I invest every spring in nearly worthless flip-flops. I usually get mine from Old Navy. They are 2 for $5, and they have a ton of colors.
- Beards on men. I used to think beards on men were kind of nasty and perhaps I just hadn't seen the beard done well. Because beards done bad are horrendous. Done right, as pictured...well, that's a totally different matter. That and I think what sort of men I find hot has developed over the years. But as of late I've noticed that bearded men can be pretty smokin'. Albeit, most bearded men are not, but when done right and on the right person, I think a beard is magical. Amidst the move to Wisconsin I will have about two weeks of not working, which is a perfect period of time to grow one myself. - Sunflower Market. This supermarket is much like Whole Foods, but far less pretentious. They have all kinds of exotic and healthy foods. Even fresh-made sushi. I am a bit apprehensive about buying sushi while living in the Rocky Mountains, since you have to wonder how fresh the fish is, but Sunflower has never let me down. Sunflower Market also is one of the few places I've seen sell Mizithra Cheese, which is one of the few cheeses I actually enjoy.
- Marie Antoinette. This past month I was reading the biography written by Antonia Fraser Marie Antoinette: The Journey. I first developed interest in the ill-fated monarch when I had a friend whose name was Marie Antoinette, and then the interest deepened when I saw the movie, which I loved despite Kirstin Dunst being in it. What I love about this doomed queen is how human she was, which is a weird thing to say I know, but in reading the book you come to understand the "why" behind her extreme actions. Furthermore, you see the sorrows of her life and appreciate the suffering she went through. She wasn't perfect, but she was real, and I can appreciate that.
- Carrie Underwood. Ya'll know that I am no fan of country. But I am kind of developing a liking for the American Idol winner. Perhaps it's because she doesn't do the twangy-country. The other day I was listening to "Temporary Home", and enjoyed that it has a country feel, it isn't about trucks or being a "real" American or about other white trashy stuff. Carrie joins Reba McEntire in the category of "Country I Enjoy"...which is a pretty exclusive group. - Really calm soundtrack music. Normally my favorite tracks on soundtracks are the epic battle sequences. But as of late I've been enjoying the really peaceful tracks, like "This is Your World" by Carter Burwell from the Where The Wild Things Are soundtrack. It kind of fits my mood as of late...which I think is a good development.
- Raven. So last month I mentioned that I am currently adoring Rupaul's Drag Race. Well, we are currently down to the final four drag queens and my vote is for Raven. I love Jujubee, but Raven is sensational and makes me so happy. And if Tyra Sanchez or Tatianna win, oh, I don't know what I'll do.
2 comments:
Carrie Underwood. That sort of disappoints me. Country, Grant, don't forget that it is still country music.
I'm going to guess that some time in Wisconsin may change your love of beards, but maybe having one will prolong it. Hmm...I'm interested in seeing you with one. I don't think I've ever really seen you witha beard.
I love the Sunflower Foods. I feel it calling to me now.
I like Carrie Underwood too! I actually love her. Good work. :)
Also....I hope you bought more flip-flops....because I am in need of some new ones. I look forward to seeing them. ha!
PS...our husband looks dang good with some facial hair. Hot!
Post a Comment