Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Casting Call

A few years ago when I was struggling to get through the Book of Mormon, I decided it would be easier to read if I put together a cast of actors that would portray the Book of Mormon people if it were a movie. I do better reading when I can visualize it all in my head. (I'll have you know that Sean Connery is still the voice I hear when I read King Benjamin's speech.) Right now I am amidst the Unfinished Tales by J.R.R. Tolkien, currently reading the story of The Children of Hurin. And although I am in love with the story, I am struggling to visualize it and I think I need to cast all the characters. Perhaps I was spoiled reading The Lord of the Rings since as I read I could picture everything and everyone in my head. The Hobbit was the hardest to visualize because I was trying to not think of that funky 1970's cartoon or hear "The Greatest Adventure" in my head.

Now, I just need to decide I who to have Daniel Craig portray.

FYI: The picture included is of Glorfindel, defending Tuor and Idril from one of the Balrogs that destroyed Gondolin. Glorfindel would perish (his fate post-death is a whole other story since he ends up at the Council of the Ring in the Third Age), but Tuor and Idril survived and from them came Elrond, as well as the line of Numenorian kings of men.

No comments: