Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Everybody's Fine

My friend Ashley from work suggested I see the movie Everybody's Fine. We were talking about Precious, and I said that sometimes I just need a movie to cry to. I am not much of a cryer, so sometimes I will watch a sad, sad movie just so I can force the tears out. And oh honey, this movie was a cryer. The basic story is that Robert De Niro's wife has recently died and she was the one that kept the family in contact with eachother. Because none of De Niro's grown kids are able to come visit him, he goes to see them to make sure everyone is doing good and is happy. As he does so he starts to see that although they're all happy, they've lied about their lives so that he would be proud of them. Like Kate Beckinsale's character is going through a divorce and has never told her father. And Drew Barrymore is hiding that she is a lesbian, and is lying about her supposedly famous dance show. And all the while they are hiding a secret about their brother David who has recently gone missing. It was such a tender movie. Near the end it is all crying. Sometimes I love movies about slightly dysfunctional families...and this was a good one. You'll cry a lot, but it was good.

No comments: