One of the true signs of summer approaching is that every television show I love is almost over with its current season. 30 Rock's finale is next week. Top Model just ended, and I'm still bitter that Raina made it to the final two. The Biggest Loser is almost over, and I am hoping Michael or Darris wins. Oh, and Carolyn, Rupaul's Drag Race is over. I love summer, but I hate summer television. I don't think I am overly attached to TV, but it does provide a good source of entertainment on a hot afternoon where I just want to hide in my room with the blinds closed. Here is my survival plan:
- The Next Food Network Star. I love Food Network, and since Guy Fieri won a few years ago, I've been a big believer in the show. Last summer Melissa D'Arabian's season of the show saved Stacie and I during the summer break of shows. (Kevin enjoyed it too, he just won't admit it.)
- I've toyed with returning to my General Hospital addiction. Freshman and sophomore year of college I literally watched everyday, taping it when I was going to be away. I know it's ridiculous, but it makes me giggle. And now they have the episodes online.
- Up my Netflix account. I just do the one movie at a time deal right now, but I am seriously considering moving up another level so I can rent TV seasons easier. But then I have to deal with the mail lady I suspect "borrows" Netflix movies.
- Watch online whatever whole seasons are still up. Between Hulu and most network websites, you can see a lot of TV. And I haven't seen every episode of Modern Family....
2 comments:
Goodness, I don't even know what I'm going to do, especially without Next Food Network Star. But we do have Netflix now and I think we are going to watch some other TV shows in the meantime. Good luck to you!
What?! Who won Rupaul's Drag Race? I missed the finale!!!
Post a Comment