First of all, if I ever become a super hero, I'd like to have part of my super hero name to be "Blaze". Anyways, I am super excited because today I planted an Autumn Blaze Maple tree, which is the kind of tree pictured above. The one I planted is already about 12 feet tall, so it's already got a pretty good start. I have this deep abiding love for the late summer and early fall when leaves start changing colors...so I am sure this will delight me. And in general, the whole yard is looking better over the last few weeks. I've planted about ten shrubs, four trees, a whole heap of sunflowers, and a lot of perennials that will come back next year. Add a couple of car loads of mulch and many, many hours of weeding the flower beds and vegetable garden...and we're not looking too shabby anymore.
Saturday, June 12, 2010
The Autumn Blaze
First of all, if I ever become a super hero, I'd like to have part of my super hero name to be "Blaze". Anyways, I am super excited because today I planted an Autumn Blaze Maple tree, which is the kind of tree pictured above. The one I planted is already about 12 feet tall, so it's already got a pretty good start. I have this deep abiding love for the late summer and early fall when leaves start changing colors...so I am sure this will delight me. And in general, the whole yard is looking better over the last few weeks. I've planted about ten shrubs, four trees, a whole heap of sunflowers, and a lot of perennials that will come back next year. Add a couple of car loads of mulch and many, many hours of weeding the flower beds and vegetable garden...and we're not looking too shabby anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, that tree is beautiful. It will look great in the yard.
Post a Comment