Thursday, June 17, 2010

Seven Days

Oh goodness, I love The Ring...This time next week I will be twenty six years old. I don't really have any plans yet for the big day - I am working in the morning, I have the evening off, but the kids have soccer games into the evening...so it probably won't be anything too exciting.

However, I am happy to report that I have suspended the normal pre-birthday tradition. You see, right before my birthday I used to Facebook stalk old friends from high school and college, just so I could see who looked older, fatter, and balder than me. A sort of ego boost. But not this year. This year I am just trying to be happy with myself, without needing a comparison shot of me next to the guy I graduated with that's now 300 pounds and bald. I think that as a mature 26 year old man, I should be more mature than such things...or at least try to be more mature....

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Haha, Grant you are funny. You should be happy with who you are because you rock. Happy almost birthday! We need your address so we can send you birthday wishes. :)