Monday, June 21, 2010

The Young Victoria

Today was my day off from work and so I decided to stay up last night and watch The Young Victoria. I saw a preview for it a long time ago, but it was back when I lived in Provo, and Provo is pretty crappy about showing a wide range of movies. Anyways, so I never saw it...despite my deep abiding love for Emily Blunt (whom you may remember from The Devil Wears Prada). I didn't have super high hopes for it, I just thought it would be a good movie. But when I finished watching it last night, I loved it. Not like Precious, or like Lord of the Rings....but for a random Netflix movie, it's worth the watch. Emily Blunt remains in my mind one of the most beautiful women in the world (I mean that in a purely platonic way.) And her husband in the movie, Rupert Friend, is my new boyfriend until Eric Bana is available again. You may remember him as Mr. Wickham in the Keira Knightley Pride & Prejudice. And the whole movie was pretty tame, no nudity, no profanity...so yeah, mark that one down in your journal. Grant just recommended a movie without a nudity scene and without violence. But it was a tender movie, visually appealing, and worth the hour and a half.

1 comment:

Stacie Lou said...

Hmm...I shall throw it in the queue! By the way, the Rupert Dude is dating Keira Knightley now. Isn't that kind of funny?