Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Extreme Bathroom Makeover

One of the projects for while the family was in Utah was to redo the bathroom. It is the one on the main floor that I use, and any guests come over use it as well. Unfortunately, I am no fan of the previous decor. A bit too literal with the garden/flower theme. Plus, I have a deep abiding hatred for wallpaper borders. Not only are they hard to make look classy, they make the ceiling seem lower since you effectively chop the wall in half. I've spent the last twenty-four hours redo-ing the bathroom, with a mandate not to change it into anything too crazy. I painted the ceiling, since it still had the original flat paint on it. Then I painted the walls, and then repainted over the walls with a sponge...which I am not sure ya'll will appreciate from just the pictures. Basically, it creates an almost stucco effect on the walls.
And the after:
Not too shabby, huh? The only issue I have left is the wall decor. They used to have those weird Anne Geddes naked baby pictures, which originally were Grandma Winnie's. And there are these straw hats with artificial flowers on them as well.

You can't really tell based on the "before" picture, but the bathroom also had a lot of mix-matched accessories. So in addition to painting the bathroom, I purchased some accessories that actually go with the colors from the garden theme...towels, rugs, etc....

3 comments:

Stacie Lou said...

So much better! Good job! It definitely looks less grandma-y now.

Carolyn said...

Looks good, Grant! When we buy a house, are you going to be a true sister-wife and help me decorate? :)

Rich said...

Looks Good! Looks like somebody may have a new Career? No more Granny Bath.