Every summer there are collection of songs that I feel capture the care-free feel of that particular summer. Usually there is one song amongst them that stands out as the official "Song of the Summer". Last summer "I Gotta Feeling" was the official Song of the Summer; however, "Fireflies" made a good effort. "Latika's Theme" was the instrumental song that even when I listen to it now, still reminds me a bit of last summer.
So, here's the line-up of what songs are officially part of the soundtrack of Summer 2010.
"Bill and Sookie Together" from True Blood. Besides the actual show, this song reminds me of sitting on the front porch on starry nights with the mist rolling in from the marsh. Or of being at work late and then driving down Mann Road on the way home.
The True Blood song for the opening credits by Jace Everett.
"Not Myself Tonight" by Christina Aguilera
"California Girlz" by Katy Perry
But Sara Bareilles is taking the official title of "Song of the Summer" with her song "King of Anything".
No comments:
Post a Comment