I have killed. I'm training at the Stevens Point store for the next month or so, and last night on the drive back I killed Bambi's mother. I was on a country highway, trying to avoid the towns you have to slow down in if you go the most common route to Stevens Point. It was getting dark, but I thought I would be okay because there was a little bit of daylight left from the sun setting. I wasn't speeding, in fact I was probably going a few under the speed limit. As I approached the highway junction where I needed to turn, I passed some houses and then had a truck coming towards me with its brights on. And that's when I snapped and killed. Or something like that. Actually, as the car with its brights on passed I felt my car slam into something on the driver's side. This is where I freaked out a bit. As I screached to a halt I could see a shape lying on the street behind me. The truck that I just passed was barreling away like nothing happened. Since I had just passed some houses, my first assumption was that it was a person. And that's when I start hyperventilating a bit, thinking I killed a person. I pulled around to see what it was, and thankfully, it was a deer, not a human. The damage wasn't too bad. The light shield is busted, my hood got dented, the bumper is warped a bit, and there are some insides/blood/etc. still on the drivers side of my car.And Bambi is probably in his thicket right now, wondering why his mom never came home last night. It's because I killed her and Bambi can find her body out along Highway H.
2 comments:
Not going to lie....I giggled as I read this post. I'm sorry for Bambi that you killed his mother. I'm sorry for your car being injured.
I'm still just so glad that you are okay and that it wasn't a human. Your car doesn't look too bent out of shape to me. I was imagining a pretty bent up hood. Deer have nearly killed me lots of times. Maybe its the one that jumped out in front of me on an icy morning and I was just inches away from falling into the ditch. That would make the whole thing better because you would have avenged my almost-death. There you go- no bad feelings!
Post a Comment