I know that Christmas is coming. And I know that since Sunday is Halloween, most of the world will awake Monday morning singing Christmas songs, putting up lights, and eating candy canes. It all just feels so...so soon. How did it get so late in the year?This past Saturday I had to run into Shopko, and they already have their Christmas tree display up. Walmart is at least waiting a few more days for that nonsense, although I did notice that the area that is normally lawn and garden supplies has ornaments on some of their shelves.
Don't get me wrong, I am excited for Christmas since it will be an epic event with Stacie, Kevin, Jeff, and Julie coming home. And as properly commercialized American I adore excessive shopping, excessive eating, and excessive Christmas-music-listening as much as the next guy. But I just keep wondering where fall went? Luckily I have three or so more weeks until Thanksgiving when I officially have to accept that Yuletide frivolity is here.
I just wished someone had warned me that Christmas was going to be so soon this year.
1 comment:
Oops. Sorry! I forgot to warn you about Christmas.
Also, don't forget about Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment