Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Best Grocery Shopping Day of the Year

I am SO looking forward to going grocery shopping tomorrow. No, really. I am. I don't need anything really, but I adore the pre-Thanksgiving rush at the grocery store. Especially last year when we were in the Great Pumpkin Blight of 2009. It brings me a sort of sadistic joy being at the grocery store the day before a huge eating holiday like Thanksgiving. Christmas is pretty good. But Thanksgiving...there are just so many expectations and commonly held traditions. And that creates an entertaining tension in the air as normally calm civilians battle it out for the last can of cranberry sauce or the last of the pre-made rolls. It's kind of like how I like watching the toy aisle the day or two before Christmas Eve....there is just so much worry and excitement and fear. And as I read back what I just wrote I realize: I sound like one sick fucker...

No comments: