Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Three of My Current Favorite Things


1. The Chocolate Oranges that they only sell at Christmas time. First of all, I normally don't think chocolate and orange are flavors that should be mixed...but in this case it works. Second, it is alluring because it looks like orange, so I can convince myself that it is healthy for me. Finally, since it breaks into smaller pieces, I don't feel bad eating one little section. A few hours later it's all gone and I am singing a different tune...but while I am stealing piece after piece, I'm lovin' it.
2. My 2011 planner. There's nothing special about it. It's just a cheap Target brand planner. But I love getting the next year's planner because I have to go through the old one, transferring birthdays and other dates to the new one. I see old appointments and work schedules and feel all nostalgic, but then I feel like I am getting a fresh new start with the new year.
3. My space heater. To be honest, I am horrified of space heaters. I am an aggressive sleeper, meaning that when I fall asleep I tend to toss pillows, blankets, and even an alarm clock, depending on the subject matter of my dreams. However, being in the north room of the house has been resulting in some frigid temperatures in my room at night. Outside it is only a few degrees above zero during daylight, but at night when the wind is blowing like crazy, my room turns into a cooler. So my Dad, who is awesome, decided to get me one of the above snazzy space heaters, which not only looks pretty, but will also prevent my violent sleeping habits from burning down the joint.

1 comment:

Stacie Lou said...

Those are all pretty beautiful things. It makes me wonder if you huddle next to your space heater chowing down on chocolate oranges while planning the future. Sounds like it would be pretty magical.