- Root Beer: I tend to drink Diet Root Beer...so keep that in mind when I say I have been drinking a ton of this stuff. Although I know even diet soda isn't good for you. Anyways, perhaps it is the summer air, perhaps I am just bored with Diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper. But whatever it is, root beer tastes amazing right now and I intend to become a Root Beer connoisseur this summer. "Root Beer Connoisseur" sounds amazingly classy, doesn't it ;)
- Dexter: I started watching the series about a week ago and I am already in the third season. But I still have two and a half season left in order to ca
tch up with where the show is now.- Henleys: I love this kind of shirt because it isn't quite a t-shirt and just has a different casual look about it. Truthfully, Bill Compton in True Blood wheres them a lot...so that is what got me started on them. But seriously, my fashion statement of the summer is the henley. Especially with a coordinated color t-shirt underneath.

- Slow-paced, simplistic female-sung songs: "Half of You" by Cat Power tops the list. "Make You Feel My Love" and "Someone Like You" by Adele, "Your Song" by Ellie Goulding...oh, they are amongst the Songs of My Soul right now.
- Naturalized gardening: This year I realized how much nonsense I've planted that isn't naturally growing in Wisconsin. And I realize that since I don't live alone, the others may feel inclined to plant all sorts of non-local plants. But as for me, I am in this new kick where I only wanted to plant things in the yard that feel like they belong there. I have tried to compromise with the gardening projects. They wanted impatiens in the back flowerbed, I pla
ced impatiens, along with local perennials there.- Cabbage: This came out of no where. Well, partly. I have been on a kick about cooking with in season fruits and veggies that are normally grown in Wisconsin. Cabbage is obviously not naturally occurring, but it can be purchased at the local farmer's markets. But with the recent discovery that the kids in the house actually like cabbage, I have been plotting all sorts of cabbage-based recipes. Top of the list is these cabbage-rice-tomato bundles that my Turkish friend showed me when I lived in Denver.
No comments:
Post a Comment