It sincerely bums me out that the "Houses of Healing" song by Liv Tyler isn't on the actual soundtrack for Return of the King.Partly because I love that scene. So much trepidation. The Battle for Minas Tirith was just won, but Mordor lingers on the horizon. Aragorn, who also in the books, is a healer is there, mending the wounds of war for the people who battled so bravely. But the question lingers...Is hope lost?
"With a sigh
You turn away
With a deepening heart
No more words to say
You will find
That the world has changed
Forever
And the trees are now
Turning from green to gold
And the sun is now fading
I wish I could hold you
closer"
Hearing it always makes me funky thoughtful because one of the most beautiful dreams I ever had was that when I was super emo depressed and I dreamt that I was taken to a place called the "Houses of Healing" where all my emotional wounds be healed. It was one of those dreams so beautiful you wake up crying, wishing you could fall back asleep.
Oh Lord of the Rings....How you complete me!
2 comments:
I have the limited release extended edition soundtrack. You want me to share that track with you?
So... throughout June Cinemark is showing all three LOTR extended edition in theaters. I'm not sure if this is an everywhere thing, but I thought I would tell you so you could see since you love it so. :)
Post a Comment