Sunday, June 19, 2011

Bobby, Good Ole Pop

Oh Bobby, how you make me giggle. Today is Father's Day and although good ole Bob doesn't read my blog, I thought I'd post something in his honor.

So here are a few of the many reasons why Dad is awesome:

- My dad works with children kidneys. Thus, he specializes in urine. Yeah, that really is his favorite thing in the world. And he allows us to torment him endlessly about it. I think if you called him "Dr. Pee" he would respond.

- The inexplicable youth genes we have all inherited from him. Dad, is what 64? 65? And still gets away with looking barely over the hill. Those youth genes have passed onto all his kids and now we all get told we look way younger than we are.

- Dad gets excited about his little projects and it is rather cute. He fusses over his garden, he builds this beastly huge chicken coop, and now he is building a fence around his "orchard" that will keep orcs out. I love Bobby's projects.

- It took a few years but Dad now hates Sarah Palin almost as much as I do. Yeah, Bobby the Republican hates Sarah Palin. It is a true miracle. And he hates Newt Gingrich. I am so proud.

- I love to giggle about his temptation to watch the Jason Bourne series. Now to preface, my dad is not a movie-watcher. Usually he falls asleep. So when Dad stayed awake for Bourne Identity and loved it, it was a big deal. But then he decided that they were too violent and refuses to watch them. (Like Bobby was gonna go bust some people up after it.) But anyways, whenever the topic of those movies comes up, Dad gets pained look and you know he wants to see them.

- The man is a saint with the snow blowing machine. 90% of winter evenings are spent by this guy plowing the drives of every widow and old person within 100 miles. He is way more of a saint than I am, because all I think is "And why does SHE need to leave the house? She's 102 years old."

- Because he takes good care of my mom, my siblings, and somehow is still patient with me even though I am sure I am not the easiest of children. The guy's a saint.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD!

1 comment:

Stacie Lou said...

Oh, good post. I like that Daddy-O. The only thing I would have added are his annoying yet adorable doobie-doobie-doo-ing. He never knows the words to songs and can't keep a tune, but at least once a day he'll sing something to "doobie doobie doo!"