Sunday, July 24, 2011

Favorite Things: July Edition

- Wildflower spotting: One of the benefits of living out in the middle of no where is that we have all sorts of untamed countryside with lots of wildflowers. And I like spotting them and learning their names. My Grandpa Melburn was known for getting stuck on the side of a mountain picking wildflowers and I'd like to think that appreciation for nature has been passed down. My favorites: Coneflowers, ox eye daisies, black-eyed susans, Queen Anne's lace, and goldenrod.

- World Table Berry and Poppy Seed Crackers: They are the kind of crackers you take one or two of...and before you know it, you ate the whole box. And the berries baked into them make it a perfect summertime snack.

- Mary Kay's TimeWise Eye Revitalizer: So in early July I was suckered into a Mary Kay party by my friend Amber. I was the token homosexual for the party. It turned out to be fun and I got my feet all scrubbed and lovely. The only thing I bought was this roller ball application that is supposed to get rid of under eye darkness and puffiness. (My main complaint which results from not enough quality sleep.) The stuff is amazing and I would definitely recommend it if you have issues with under eye circles.

- Feather Hair Extensions:
I've seen them on three or four women here in Marshfield and I am a believer on one condition: They are meant for a very specific audience of women. If you are the sort of gal that wears going-out sweats, you'll most likely look like you slept out in the woods and got nonsense stuck in your hair. But, if you are a senorita that can rock the free-flowing, Earth-child look...I think that they add something Pocahontas-warrior-princess to a gal's appearance. And don't get too many of them, otherwise you look like the Pocahontas equivalent of a bag lady.

- "F**king Perfect" by P!nk: It's not the song of the summer because it already was somewhat the song of the spring. But the last week or so I have been listening to it a lot and it makes me happy.

- The music video for Katy Perry's "Last Friday Night"

No comments: