Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Netflix Account's Fate

Because I am sure all of my five readers were anxiously awaiting what I would do about my Netflix account...

Here's my thoughts and plans:

- I feel morally obligated to do something. Why? Because usually when prices go up, like other Americans, I get pissed off for five minutes but spend the extra money anyways. As I weighed the eight dollars, at first I wanted to sacrifice Netflix to pagan gods, but as expected in five minutes it didn't seem like a huge deal. But then I thought of how if the price of something else jumped up by double, whatever the original price, would I keep buying it? Probably not. Plus, I had to stick it to Netflix. I had to show them.

- Second, here's a really good timeline of what Netflix did.

- I enjoy online streaming. For now. I have been watching a lot of documentaries lately online so for the next few months I am keeping it. As for DVDs, I switched down from three DVDs at a time to one. I know what you're thinking: Yes, I had three Netflix DVDs at one time. Impressed? Don't judge me! I am a wild insomniac working his way through the work of four women who are gay icons. I got a lot of DVDs to get through. However, with that summer project ending and the truth that Redbox has a lot of new releases...I am going down to one DVD.

What are ya'll doing?

5 comments:

El Genio said...

I'll be canceling my streaming and going from one disc at a time to two. Their streaming service is nice, but IMO there are two rather large problems with it. First, not only is their selection of titles to stream limited, but it is constantly changing. Second, I really hate the variable quality of the service. There is no way to force the title play in HD or in high quality. With no option to wait for a higher quality, I am forced to watch at whatever quality the magical Netflix gods think is best.

Miguel said...

I'm canceling the whole thing, they seriously think that they can hold people hostage because of their so-so service-granted and also because I had a good deal on cable when I moved and get HBO + Showtime for free basically; but I suspect once the time runs out I'll cancel that and will at leas sign up for streaming, such is my life!
Hugs,Miguel

Michael said...

I have.canceled mine. I am working too much and when school starts ill have a hard time to just watch the few shows on my dvr every week.

Miss Nesbit said...

Actually, not going to lie, I was wondering what you were going to do. I had switched mine from 3 to 1 a while ago (because I hardly ever remembered to send my movies back). But, now that I've moved into an apt. with my friend and we both have netflix, it's kind of dumb for us to both have it. So she's going to cancel hers, and just pay me half because I tend to do the streaming more and she tends to do the DVDs more. So we're both happy. :)

Carolyn said...

We cancelled the DVDs and are only doing streaming. It works for us and we'll redbox movies we want to see.